CX-V6 S Wave Foilboard
The CX-V6 S is the only surf-convertible foilboard in the Alpinefoil board line. It is designed for riders of all levels, from beginner to expert looking for a board that can be ridden with a foil and also as a standard water-pushing kitesurf board. The CX-V6 S design is based on the CX-V6, which was a resounding success in 2014-2015. This board was specifically designed for use with in the waves, with wave kites.
New for 2016:
- New board shape specifically designed for riding waves
- New double concave hull (bottom profile)
- Increased board volume to make waterstarting easier
- A new deck shape, improving the support for the feet
The EPS core is shaped by CNC machining, which guarantees perfect precision shaping.
The pronounced double concave hull prevents the suction effect that happens when a foil board with classic hull shape touches down and takes off. The result is smoother takeoff and faster acceleration, and the board remains stable and keep its speed at during touch-and-go riding.
The unique shape and a volume of 22L and length of 152 cm x 48.5 cm (5'0" x 19"), the CX-V6 S board has plenty of volume while remaining compact and light, making it easy to water start without the need for big kites.
Addition volume in the nose of the board helps the board behave well during foiling touchdowns and takeoffs.
The numerous carbon reinforcements in the deck and the hull increase stiffness and steering responsiveness.
The construction of the CX-V6 S is identical to other Alpinefoil foil boards, giving it a still unmatched rigidity.
The CNC machined closed-cell EPS core is built up using:
- a central carbon-wrapped wooden stringer running the entire length of the board
- traditional fiberglass
- T700 carbon fiber, laid up along three axes to support the forces generated by the foil
- A composite Bamboo fiber-epoxy biopolymer applied in the longitudinal direction of the board, which provides extra resilience and durability. This technology allows the board to be used session after session without deterioration in its performance characteristics – no board "fatigue".
- We use a high quality epoxy resin in the construction of these composite boards. We chose this resin because its solvent-free base is not damaging to the environment. This resin is also highly resistant to osmosis.
For the deck we use a layer of Airex, a cell closed material characterized by extreme resistance to compression, which strengthens the support zone beneath the feet.
The rails are reinforced with Airex and then wrapped in carbon fiber.
The fully integrated internal carbon F-Box is built into the board during construction and provides a solid connection between the board and the foil. Carbon fiber reinforcements in the box-board construction distribute the forces over a wide area thereby increasing the rigidity and the responsiveness and improving the rider's feel on the foil.
The board's polyester finish and two-component paint are coated with a UV resistant polyurethane varnish.
The foot placement is wide and comfortable, allowing perfect and precise contact with the board.
The CX-V6 S has a total of 32 inserts for footstraps at the front and rear, allowing for multiple combinations of foot placements. You can set up the CX-V6 S with 1, 2, or 3 foot straps, with a single front strap in the center or two front strap in a "V" configuration (or strapless of course), depending on your preference, riding style, and riding conditions.
The CX-V6 S has 3 FCS fin boxes in a thruster configuration for use as a kitesurf board. We also offer an optional KF-Box cap which will covers the opening of the foil box in the bottom of the board.
Exclusive to Alpinefoil, we provide an indentation in the nose of the board for an optional deck-mounted GPS unit. Installing this instrument provides a heads-up display with real-time access to current speed, maximum speed and the optimal course after automatic detection of gybes. Connecting the GPS unit by USB to your computer allows you to replay your route on Google Earth or other similar software.
As with all of our boards, we built the CX-V6 S with the most modern high-tech materials rather than more conventional and less expensive board materials to produce the highest quality surf-convertible foilboard, in a new, unique shape perfectly suited for both surf riding and foiling.